Den Leaders and parents, as a follow-up to our announcement at the last Pack meeting, this is a reminder that we will be participating “Scouting for Food” on Friday, Nov. 7 and Saturday, Nov. 8. Detailed information and sign ups can be found at this link: http://scoutingforfood.pack227.org/ (The link to the signup is also on the right side of the website.)
Here are 10 things that should be emphasized:
- You can sign up for Friday or Saturday or both days.
- On Friday we start at 12 noon and go until around 4:00 pm. If you can’t be there at 12 noon – no problem ! Just get there when you can (but preferably before 3:00 pm).
- Similarly, on Saturday we start at 9:00 am and go until around 2:30 pm. If you can’t be there at 9:00 am – no problem ! Just get there when you can (but preferably before 1:30 pm).
- You do NOT need to knock on doors. On Friday Scouts place a flyer on the front door of a house and on Saturday Scouts collect food that has been left on the front porch. It’s easy !
- On Saturday we are in special need of drivers with a truck or SUV (to transport food as they accompany their group from a particular neighborhood to St. Bonaventure). You can indicate this when you sign up.
- Scouts should be in FULL uniform.
- Participating Cub Scouts will earn a patch paid for by the Pack (Parents of Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts will reimburse the Pack for the cost of their patches).
- The Orange County Register will have a reporter and photographer doing a story on Pack 227’s participation with Scouting for Food! Therefore, we are hoping for a great turnout.
- Hopefully one reason why your son is a Cub Scout is to teach him service to others. This is the perfect way to instill that concept in your child.
- This is actually a fun and meaningful event – especially on Saturday when the Scouts see the bags and boxes of food piling up in the SBS parking lot.