Den Leaders and parents, one of the things that we always hear from our Cub Scouts is that they want to go fishing. Well, now is their chance ! On Sunday Feb. 22 there will be a family fishing event at Irvine Lake located at 4621 Santiago Canton Road, Silverado, CA 92676 (www.irvinelake.net). The event runs from 6:00 am until 4:00 pm. Our own Andrew Deal is the 1st Vice-President of the Harbour Rod and Reel Club (www.hrrconline.com) and will be there. He has offered to be the main point of contact for this event. Here are a few important things to know:
- If you have limited to no fishing experience don’t worry ! There will be volunteers at the lake to teach kids how to fish at the kids lagoon.
- No California fishing license is required since it is a private lake.
- Andrew is looking into the possibility of getting rods and tackle donated. If not, they will be available for rental.
- Cub Scouts who attend are eligible to earn their Fishing Belt Loop!
- This is an informal event. Please wear red pack shirts.
- Best fishing is usually in the morning, but feel free to attend when you can.
Emails will follow with additional details.
Please note this event is being held the day after our Pack’s annual Blue and Gold Dinner.