As most of you know, each year Pack 227 holds a “Fall Overnighter.” This year we are pleased to announce that we have made reservations for an overnighter aboard the USS Iowa which is docked in the Port of Los Angeles on Saturday, November 7, 2020. We have chosen that day so as to hopefully promote maximum participation and not to conflict with other youth sporting events.
The cost for “Camp Battleship” is $90 per person. The cost includes everything except parking which is $18. The USS Iowa is located at Pacific Battleship Center, 250 South Harbor Blvd, San Pedro, CA 90731. We have made reservations for 40 people. We need a minimum of 30 people to sign up. If we do not get the minimum then this event will be re-scheduled. Siblings are welcome. Please note that any child attending must be at least 6 years old by Nov. 7th.
In an effort to streamline paying for “Camp Battleship” during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering an online payment option through Paypal. Paypal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, These fees have been added to the $90/person cost. To pay online, please click the button below and complete the transaction through Paypal. If the buttons below do not represent the number of people you are bringing, please contact Tom Scully to arrange payment. Spots are are only guaranteed once payment is received. In addition to Paypal, checks can be dropped off or mailed to Tom Scully (4841 Curtis Circle, HB 92649). Note: If you pay by PayPal, you still need to mail/drop off the four rquired forms (see below).
Other Important “Camp Battleship” Details…
The organized youth overnight program will begin on Saturday, Nov. 7th at 4:30 pm and conclude on Sunday, Nov. 8th, at 10:00 am. Per the Camp Battleship website, “The popular youth overnight program is open year-round aboard Battleship IOWA Museum and includes a Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (STEAM) oriented tour, chow on the mess decks, evening entertainment, and much more. Above all, participants will create life-long memories aboard Los Angeles’s historic Naval ship.”
Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast are provided. Each person will be assigned a bunk within the Enlisted Crew’s Quarters. There are separate male and female bathrooms. Showers are not available.
Given the current COVID-19 situation, the USS Iowa provides the following information:
- Increased hand sanitizer stations and cleaning of frequently used areas.
- Requiring crew to wear masks to comply with local, state and federal mandates.
- Our Overnight staff has been trained on COVID-19 best practices and protocols.
- Our Overnight staff will continue to advise guests to stay home if they are ill and this will be reiterated and highlighted upon guests’ arrival.
- We plan on capping our guests per overnight event to 1/4 of our max capacity pre-COVID19 to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Specific details of each troop determines how sleeping areas are assigned.
- Modified our dining options to include individually packaged meals for each camper to be enjoyed in an outdoor dining setting under the large tent on the fantail with physical distancing in mind.
- Labeled one way routes to the bathrooms and tour routes with smaller pulsating groups of campers to allow for less congregating and following the 6ft spacing guidelines from health experts.
If you get Tom Scully a check (made payable to “Pack 227”) or pay by Paypal above, then you are guaranteed a spot. This summer checks can be mailed or dropped off at my house (4841 Curtis Circle, HB 92649). When you do so please make sure to include signed copies of the following. They are found in the Camp Program Guidebook, which can be downloaded and printed from the following link www.pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/education/camp-battleship/
- Medical Condition Form (Page 15)
- Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (Page 16)
- Chaperone Agreement (Page 17)
- Image/Photo Release (Optional) (Page 18)
The deadline to sign up and pay is Thursday, Oct. 1st. The Camp Battleship Program Guidebook should answer virtually every question you have. If, after reading the Camp Battleship Program Guidebook, you still have questions you can e-mail (email@example.com) or call me at (714) 392-6698. We are very hopeful that
Here is the link to sign up http://campbattleship.pack227.org/
This will be a great weekend for the entire family. If you have any questions, need additional information or would like to RSVP please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at (714) 392-6698.